Friday, February 18, 2011

 Show an Tell Friday
Here is a little project I started early this morning (Friday in Australia),
It took about 5hrs it started with a polystyrene cross that I
got for two dollars on Wednesday. 

Idea

So decided turn it into a shabby chic cross for my
daughters bedroom, that is being painted and decorated
shabby chic. Which is ironic as she a bit of a tom-boy
most of the time but she loves shabby chic. 

First stage



Started with painting the back with a silver colour
I had as a sample pot, then choose the paper for
the front and cut it to fit and glued it on with
hodge podge glue.





Second step


Picked  what Embellishments I was going to make and use
for the cross. First of all I used some cut out letter's, put 
the words faith and life, then added some shaggy wool.


Made a flower with butterfly brad and flower with heart in 
between the two and then embossed stamp of a 
crown on a oval tag with gold embossing, 
as well on a heart  a angel stencil 
 that was embossed with the gold too.


Finished project
My own one of kind shabby chic cross for under
$8.00 not bad.


So there is my first show an tell Friday
post, hope you enjoyed it and please
have a look at the post for this at.
Show and Tell Friday @ http://romantichome.blogspot.com/

Bye for now from Carol.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute...I love it in the pot with the fairy lights.

    Have a great weekend

    Blessings Kelsie

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment please,because I
Would love to read your comments.
Love Carol